Data visualization and image manipulation
ALBULA is the dedicated software of DECTRIS to display and analyse PILATUS and EIGER data. It consists of the standalone program ALBULA VIEWER and the Python programming interface ALBULA API.
ALBULA VIEWER is a fast and easy-to-use program that allows optimal visualization of PILATUS and EIGER data. Version 3.1 added a data collection interface to be used with EIGER detectors. Version 3.2 made possible direct reading of bit-shuffle LZ4-compressed data, which is now the default output of EIGER detectors.
The ALBULA API provides a Python interface for both displaying of images and performing operations and calculations on data. Furthermore, the API enables you to easily integrate the viewer functionality into your beamline infrastructure or experimental setup.
- Extremely fast user interface
- Data acquisition with EIGER detectors
- Real-time visualization of image acquisition
- Powerful tools for data analysis
- Python API for a wide range of data operations
- Linux (distributions based on RHEL 5 or 6), Windows 7 or Mac OSX ( > 10.6)
- Native OpenGL support, i.e. a graphic card must be installed on the computer displaying ALBULA!
- API (Linux only):