EIGER X Detector Series
Research is the continuous quest for excellence driven by curiosity and the desire to overcome limitations. It requires and results in the perfection of measurement protocols and setups. The tremendous progress in synchrotron instrumentation and science is a powerful manifestation of this endeavor. The new EIGER X detector family provides ultimate performance for the most demanding synchrotron applications. Frame rates in the kilohertz range in combination with continuous readout open new horizons in time-resolved experiments and XPCS. Hitherto prohibitively slow scanning beam imaging techniques like ptychography become routinely possible. High resolution and coherent diffraction experiments benefit from the small pixel size and an outstanding point-spread function enabled by direct conversion of X-rays. Highest count rates per unit area ideally match the ever-increasing beamline brightness.
Realize your scientific ambitions with EIGER X, the summit of Hybrid Photon Counting detectors.
- Kilohertz frame rates with duty cycle > 99%
- Continuous readout with 3 µs dead time
- High spatial resolution with 75 µm pixel size
- Excellent point-spread function
- Hybrid Photon Counting: Direct detection of X-rays in single-photon-counting mode
- Count rates up to 5·108 phts/sec/mm2
- No readout noise or dark current
- Extremely compact housings
- Room temperature operation of all components