The DECTRIS technology was developed in Switzerland at the Paul Scherrer Institut (PSI), and was the result of more than a decade of scientific research. Pixel detectors for X-ray science were developed in parallel with the CMS pixel detector for the Large Hadron Collider at CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research.
A remarkable success story began when DECTRIS was founded in September 2006. Please find below the latest milestones of DECTRIS' history:
- DECTRIS Ltd. launches the new PILATUS3 R 100K-A and PILATUS3 X 100K-A X-ray detector at the Denver X-Ray Conference
- DECTRIS Ltd. introduces the new MYTHEN2 X microstrip X-ray detectors for synchrotron applications
- DECTRIS Ltd. introduces the new MYTHEN2 R microstrip X-ray detectors for use in laboratory diffractometers
- DECTRIS introduces the PILATUS3 X CdTe series of detectors for hard X-ray applications.
- Introduction of the EIGER R and X series for state-of-the-art laboratory instruments and the most demanding synchrotron applications.
- Introduction of the detector series PILATUS3 R, S and X
- DECTRIS PILATUS hybrid pixel detectors receive Red Dot Award for product design.
- PILATUS 12M-DLS, the largest and most customer specific in-vacuum detector is delivered to Diamond Light Source.
- DECTRIS installs first two PILATUS3 detectors at Diamond Light Source.
- DECTRIS delivers first PILATUS 200K system for the laboratory market.
- DECTRIS has more than 50 employees.
- PILATUS and MYTHEN detectors delivered for SAXS/GISAXS "in-house beamline" at FZ Jülich, using an Excillum Liquid Metal Jet as source.
- DECTRIS launches its new corporate design on July 9th, 2012.
- Introduction of the PILATUS3 product family at the SRI 2012.
- Delivery of the first custom-made in-vacuum detector PILATUS 1M-PTB in June.
- Delivery of the first MYTHEN 24K system to BSRF.
- The 3'000th PILATUS module was produced on February 7th, 2012.
- Launch of first hybrid-pixel detector specifically designed for laboratory applications, the PILATUS 300K 20Hz.
- Strong focus on R&D, with at least half of the staff involved in R&D projects.
- DECTRIS has 40 highly qualified employees.
- DECTRIS is the winner of the Aargauer Unternehmerpreis 2011.
- Fastest growth in its short history. DECTRIS now has 34 employees,
and a large demand for detectors.
- DECTRIS wins the 2010 Swiss Economic Award in the cateogry High-tech/Bio-tech.
- Delivery of the first MYTHEN 6K detector system to Diamond
- DECTRIS has 20 employees.
- Breakthrough in large-scale production of pixel detectors. Worldwide, 70 systems are delivered to industrial and scientific customers.
- Delivery of the first PILATUS 6M detector.
- First sales of the RIGI detector.
- First large area detector system is delivered to Diamond Light Source Ltd. in the UK.
- DECTRIS moves to its new premises in Baden and grows to 12 employees.
- Introduction of the MYTHEN detector and delivery of the first system at the end of the year.
- DECTRIS wins the Swiss Technology Award.
- At year’s end, DECTRIS has 6 full-time employees.
- Ch. Brönnimann, E.F. Eikenberry and R. Horisberger are awarded the Innovation
Award for their pioneering development of the PILATUS 6M detector.
- First delivery of a PILATUS 100K detector to the University of Chicago. Delivery and installation of eight additional systems.
- Sept. 28, 2006 DECTRIS is founded by Ch. Brönnimann,
E. F. Eikenberry, M. Näf and P. Salficky.