PILATUS processing unit
The PILATUS processing unit (PPU) provides an efficient complement to PILATUS3 detector systems at synchrotron beamlines. Consisting of a high-end server, the PPU provides ample processing power and dedicated software packages, both of which help to eliminate bottlenecks in many of today’s beamline installations.
The fast PILATUS3 detectors are used in combination with the PPU to achieve superior data collection and processing performance.
Easy-to-use and highly efficient, the software packages are designed to meet the needs of high-performance beamlines equipped with PILATUS detectors. These packages offer instantaneous, highly reliable data transfer, lightening-fast data processing, and real-time data visualization and manipulation.
PPU key advantages:
- Extremely reliable high-speed data transfer
- Real-time data visualization and manipulation
- Fast crystallographic data processing
- Fast local storage for several weeks of regular user operation
Installed software packages:
- ALBULA – data visualization software
- FURKA and GRIMSEL – high-speed data synchronization software
- Third-party crystallographic software packages (XDS, Spotfinder)
Ideal interface for beamline IT
The PPU is ideally suited to interface beamline IT infrastructures with a modern RHEL-based operating system (CentOS 6.x), the latest compilers and a pre-installed 10Gbit/s high-speed network card (SFP+). The installation of distributed control systems on the PPU is encouraged and it is explicitly advised that the PILATUS detector server itself should not be altered.