DECTRIS offers alternative sensors for the PILATUS3 and MYTHEN2 detector families to achieve optimal performance over an increased range of X-ray energies.
In addition to the standard 450 µm silicon sensors, which cover a broad X-ray energy range, DECTRIS offers 1000 µm thick silicon sensors for PILATUS3 and MYTHEN2. See a comparison of the available silicon sensors here.
Which sensor does DECTRIS recommend for which energy range?
DECTRIS recommends selecting the sensor and its thickness depending on the typical X-ray energy range of the specific application. For all applications at X-ray energies below 12.5 keV DECTRIS recommends the 450 µm (standard) silicon sensor.
If you are unsure about the appropriate sensor for your application, please contact DECTRIS. We will be glad to assist you in your selection.
- Enhanced sensitivity at energies above 10 keV
- Faster measurements, improved data quality
- Optimal performance at low energies
- Well-established sensor technology
- Noise-free photon-counting operation for all sensors
- Powder diffraction
- Pair distribution function analysis
- Small molecule crystallography
- High-pressure studies
- Diffuse scattering experiments
- Non-destructive testing
- Pre-clinical imaging
- In-vacuum SAXS/GI-SAXS/aSAXS