Depending on the application requirements, DECTRIS offers two approaches for vacuum-compatible X-ray detectors:
1. In-Vacuum PILATUS 300K and 300K-W
The new PILATUS 300K and 300K-W detectors have been designed with vacuum applications in mind:
- The complete detector is cooled uniquely by water-cooling and does not require fans for air-cooling, etc.
- Materials have been carefully selected to reduce the amount of outgassing while still maintaining the superior quality of the detector.
- The vacuum compatibility and functionality of both the individual parts as well as the complete detector have been verified in extensive tests.
The in-vacuum PILATUS 300K and 300K-W can be used in a medium vacuum, i.e., around 10-2 to 10-3 mbar. Click here for detailed performance specifications.
2. Customized In-Vacuum PILATUS Detectors
Customized in-vacuum detectors are tailor-made solutions which, in various aspects, exceed the capabilities of the in-vacuum PILATUS3 300K detector series. Some of these aspects are:
- Smaller or larger detector active areas (e.g., PILATUS 100K, 1M, 2M or 6M)
- Customized mechanical detector configurations (e.g., a central hole for SAXS applications, non-standard active areas, non-planar detector surfaces, etc.)
- Additional calibrations for X-ray energies as low as 2 keV
- Improved vacuum compatibility, i.e., for applications under high vacuum (around 10-6 mbar)
There are many more possibilities. Should you have special requirements, we will provide a specific solution to your demands based on our state-of-the-art hybrid pixel and microstrip detector technologies. Contact us!