As a technique that is complementary to SAXS, WAXS extends the length scale at which a sample can be investigated – down to interatomic distances. Performed either simultaneously or interchangeably with SAXS, this approach carries strict demands for an X-ray detector. Ideally, the same system should fulfill the needs of both techniques; it should offer noise-free performance, a high dynamic range, stable measurements, and extremely short readouts.
This challenge was met by photon-counting detectors: with their count rate of 1e7 photons/s/pixel and cosmic background of 0.1 counts/h/pixel, they achieve a dynamic range of above 1e11. While these features certainly benefit static experiments, the quantum efficiency and readout time allow researchers to investigate dynamic or in-situ processes as well. Extra features include vacuum compatibility and an option to have custom-made detectors designed.
- A high dynamic range captures SAXS and WAXS signals, either simultaneously or interchangeably.
- Our wide detector portfolio satisfies any experimental geometry.
- Our detectors offer stable calibration files and stable operation.
WAXS at Synchrotron Sources
- Our detectors are used for both SAXS and WAXS (SWAXS): : one control and data interface for both detectors.
- Advanced gating and triggering functions enable precise synchronization during experiments.
- We offer special solutions and custom geometries for ideal SAXS/WAXS detector pairing.
Most Frequently Used Products at Synchrotrons
WAXS in Laboratories
- Obtain accurate data thanks to noise-free performance and a high dynamic range.
- Our detectors offer comprehensive correction files and stable operations.
- Suppress zingers with the second threshold of EIGER2 detectors.