The DECTRIS team is focused on the customer. Detecting the future is about enabling our customers to concentrate on science without worrying about the functionality of their technical equipment. DECTRIS colleagues work as team within the company and with our customers. Our comprehensive technological knowledge and industrial-scale production capabilities provide consistent product quality and on-time delivery. Our noise-free, spectral, and fast X-ray detectors generate better data so customers can stay ahead of the competition.
Dr. Christian Brönnimann (Founder, Chairman of the Board of Directors)
Under the direction of Christian Brönnimann, our founder, DECTRIS has become the number one supplier of scientific X-ray detectors in only 10 years. Today, Christian possesses even greater visions of future applications for our detector technology.
- 1996: Ph.D. in Physics
- 1997-2001: Research scientist at Paul Scherrer Institute, working on pixel detector development for synchrotron applications
- 2001-2006: Head of Swiss Light Source detector group, project leader of the PILATUS project
- 2006: Founder and CEO of DECTRIS Ltd.
- Winner of numerous instrumental and entrepreneurial awards
Dr. Matthias Schneebeli (CEO)
Matthias Schneebeli has driven the development of our detectors with unswerving passion since 2007. His team has delivered the world’s fastest X-ray camera and the largest cadmium telluride (CdTe) HPC detector.
- 2008: Ph.D. in Physics
- 2008: Joins DECTRIS Ltd.
- 2010: Head of Product Development
- 2014: Member of the executive board
- 2017: CTO and Head of Development
- 2022: CEO
Dr. Clemens Schulze-Briese (Vice President & CSO)
More than 20 years of synchrotron experience help Clemens Schulze-Briese, our chief scientific officer, understand our customers and applications. He works with our marketing and sales teams to advance X-ray science, while providing optimal service and support for the community.
- 1994: Ph.D. in Physics
- 1995-2001: Research scientist at Paul Scherrer Institute, working on X-ray instrumentation and crystallographic methods development, responsible for design and construction of the Swiss Light Source (SLS) PX beamlines
- 2001-2008: Head of the SLS MX group
- 2008-2010: Head of SLS Laboratory for Macromolecules and Bioimaging
- 2010: Joins DECTRIS Ltd. as CSO and Head of Marketing and Sales
Silke Traut (COO)
As a Chief Operating Officer (COO), Silke Traut brings more than 20 years of industrial experience in technology development and production. Her teams translate the latest developments of the worlds fastest X-ray cameras into industrial production.
- 1997: M.Sc. Applied Physics
- 1997: Scientific Assistant, University of Neuchatel, Switzerland
- 1999: Project Lead Process Development, II-VI Laser Enterprise, Switzerland
- 2011: Joins DECTRIS Ltd. as Head of Micro- and Nanotechnologies
- 2017: Head of Production Engineering
- 2020: COO and Head of Operations
Andreas Borner (CFO & Head of HR)
Before joining DECTRIS, Andreas Borner, our chief financial officer, helped manage several high-tech small/medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). Heading both our finance and information technology (IT) departments, he ensures smooth operation of the company.
- 1999: M.A. in Economics
- 1999-2001: Sales Backoffice, Informatics, diAx, Sunrise, Switzerland
- 2001-2010: CFO, Chemspeed Technologies AG, Switzerland
- 2010-2012: COO, Chemspeed Technologies AG, Switzerland
- 2012: Joins DECTRIS Ltd. as CFO
- 2014–2021: Member of the executive board
- 2017: Responsible for HR as Head of HR